2007年8月13日月曜日

Real Retro Music on TV

Last night, as I was falling asleep in my cold-addled bleary-eyed state, I listened to "Your Love" by The Outfield (which I mentioned on my "real" blog as haunting me during high school). I used to fall asleep listening to the "Top Nine at Ten" on Z93, and it was standard pop crap from the late 1980's. But occasionally there'd be something good thrown in there.

Anyway, at the end of high school, my friend MC gave me a bunch of cool music he'd copped off his older sister and her college friends. MC was the first real "alternative" kid at my high school that was my age. There were a few older kids who were sorta weird or into wonky fashion, but really, my first experience with "alternative" kids were this guy and my friend QLM. Anyway...

TONIGHT on VCM, the Japanese cable "Video Music Channel" there was a block of music that could have been from the mix tapes MC gave me back in 1989:
"You Spin Me 'Round" by Dead or Alive, an Ultravox song, "Killing Moon" by Echo and the Bunnymen, "Wild Boys" by Duran Duran, U2, a Midge Ure solo song (they spelled his name wrong though), and a Smiths video. Crazy.

You gotta come to Japan to get good music on TV, I guess. It's an hour later, and there are still music videos on, rather than stupid talk shows...

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿

登録 コメントの投稿 [Atom]



<< ホーム